Undergoing a surgical procedure is a major decision. Mediterranean Health Care's mission is to ensure a successful outcome to your treatment and make your stay in this country a pleasant and memorable experience.
Please take a moment to read through these instructions for booking treatment with Mediterranean Health Care. If you have any queries or you would like to talk to someone, please contact us. We will be delighted to help you.
Step 1. Preliminary Information
Please read our web site carefully. Find out about us, the medical specialities we offer, our hospitals and health clinics, our medical teams, the local area, details about surgery, etc., so you have all the information you need.
Step 2. Requesting Treatment
Once you have gathered all the information about the treatment you are interested in, please complete the Treatment Request form. We will reply within 24 hours, asking you for your medical record, plus the results of any relevant tests and other material such as X-rays, scans, MRI results and so on.
Step 3. Your Personal Estimate
We will use all the information provided by you to prepare your personal estimate and treatment confirmation. The estimate normally includes full details of your treatment, the total cost, your assigned hospital or health clinic, the doctor and medical team in charge of your care, dates, general terms and conditions, patient agreement documents, preliminary tests and post-surgery care (including your stay in a specialist rehabilitation clinic to allow you to rest and recover properly).
Step 4. Organising Your Trip
We offer you the option of arranging your trip to Alicante through our tourism partner Zafiro Tours. Please contact us if you need any of the following travel services:
- Personal assistant
- Information about local leisure and tourism provision
- Interpreter service
- Transport (airport, hospital, hotel)
Step 5. Booking Your Treatment
- Accepting your estimate If you are happy with all the information you have received, you can go ahead and accept the treatment estimate by paying the booking deposit amount shown on the estimate (this is normally 25% of the total cost of treatment). You can make your payment by credit card on our web site or by bank transfer.
- Doctor's appointment and surgery dates Once we have verified your booking, we will send you confirmation of the date for your pre-surgery doctor's appointment and the date of your operation.
- Payment for Treatment The deadline for paying the outstanding amount for your treatment is three days before your operation. Payment methods are the same as for the deposit: by credit card on our web site or by bank transfer.
Step 6. Your Surgery and Hospital Stay
We carefully monitor the entire process of pre-surgery, surgery, post-surgery, convalescence and rehabilitation. Our staff will be in permanent contact with you to check that you have everything you need and ensure you have a pleasant stay in Alicante.
Step 7. Going Home
Once you have been signed off by the medical team, you will be given all the paperwork relating to your operation. Please contact us in the event of any kind of reaction, unexplained symptoms or unexpected changes you may notice. We will immediately put you in touch with your surgeon, who will give instructions and advice for you and your doctor back home to follow.