Treatment Price: 2500 €. This treatment requires medical evaluation prior.
- All the treatment from the time of admission until the time of discharge:
- Hospital Stay
- Preoperative (ultrasound, blood tests, electrocardiogram, etc)
- Operating Theatre
- Nursing Services
- Drug Kit for 48 hours after discharge.
- Follow-up consultation with the surgeon after discharge.
PRIOR DOCUMENTATION NEEDED:
- Medical history, diagnosis and medical tests
- Blood test
LENGTH OF THE OPERATION:
- Approximately 45 minutes
RECOMMENDED RECOVERY TIME IN ALICANTE BEFORE TRAVELING HOME:
- Between 3 and 4 days
For more than 50 years, the vasectomy has become the most commonly used birth control method. Of course, when a man decides to have a vasectomy he intends it to be a permanent solution. However, there are many reasons why an increasing number of men want to have their vasectomies reversed.
The internationally recognised rate of success of vasectomy reversal is 80%.
Benefits of the operation
This operation reverses the vasectomy and means that couples do not have to go through hormone treatment or use artificial insemination.
Vasectomy reversal is an out-patient procedure. No hospital stay is involved and it is performed under local anaesthetic with light sedation to prevent nervousness in the theatre.
About the operation
An incision measuring approximately 2 cm is made in the mid-scrotal area. A 10x microscope is used to identify the vas deferens that has been cut and the ends are joined together.
Before the operation
- A full study of your medical history to determine the details of the surgery.
- To guarantee optimal hygiene during surgery, the night before you should shave your testicles (scrotum) and the surrounding groin area.
- On the day of your surgery you should shower and wash the area with normal soap.
- You must not eat or drink for five to six hours before your treatment.
- Do not wear underwear or removable dentures. You must remove all metal objects (such as rings, bracelets, earrings, body piercings, etc).
- In most cases, you will only notice some mild discomfort in the site of the operation. However, you will be given antibiotics and analgesics.
- Although you will be given local anaesthesia, you should ask someone to come with you for the surgery.
- You should not drive after surgery, because you may feel discomfort in the testicles, which may interfere with your ability to concentrate.
- You must rest for 48 hours after the operation. This means avoiding making any strenuous efforts, long walks, sport and similar activities.
- You must clean your wound every day and cover it with antiseptic and a sterile dressing for 5 days.
- The sutures will be reabsorbed and so there is no need to remove them.
- Two months after the operation you should have your sperm tested to see how successful the surgery has been.