Treatment Price: Budget requests for treatment
DIAGNOSIS: 350 euros and THE USE OF A PROSTHESES: 14.000
- All the treatment from the time of admission until the time of discharge:
- Hospital Stay
- Preoperative (ultrasound, blood tests, electrocardiogram, etc)
- Operating Theatre
- Nursing Services
- Drug Kit for 48 hours after discharge.
- Follow-up consultation with the surgeon after discharge.
PRIOR DOCUMENTATION NEEDED:
- Medical history, diagnosis and medical tests
- Blood test
LENGTH OF THE OPERATION:
- Approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes
- 1 or 2 days if necessary at the same price
RECOMMENDED RECOVERY TIME IN ALICANTE BEFORE TRAVELING HOME:
- Between 3 and 4 days
Erectile Dysfunction: Surgical Treatments
Achieving an erection requires perfect coordination of the vascular, hormonal, muscular and neurological systems. Therefore, to make a correct diagnosis the patient requires an in-depth examination according to a protocol to determine the cause of the problem and to be able to apply the most appropriate treatment.
When drug treatment (such as Viagra, Cialis or Levitra) fails, there are two alternative treatments that can solve your problem: penile prosthesis or implant and vascular surgery.
Benefits of the operation
Surgical treatment of erectile dysfunction is an effective and satisfactory solution for the patient, who only needs to spend a short time in hospital and can expect to recover quickly.
The first diagnostic stage, which consists of a clinical examination, ultrasound examination of the genitals and prostate, blood test, colour Eco-Doppler with vasoactive agents, nocturnal penile tumescence test, cavernoscopy and other tests. The results are obtained on the same day, so the patient knows the nature of his problem and the most efficient treatment right away.
There are two possible types of surgical treatment: penile implant or repair of the arteries that carries blood to the penis.
The patient is given information about the types of implant available and their technical characteristics. There is an online patient advisory service where you can get answers to all your questions and you will be directed to websites where you will find additional information.
About the operation
You will be admitted on the same day as the surgery.
A penile implant is 100% effective, simple to perform, does not cause change to the patient's appearance and recovery is quick. There are several types of penile implants, but the type most commonly used are flexible firm rod and inflatable implants. This consists of two cylinders that are inserted into the corpora cavernosa through a three centimetre incision in the base of the penis, leaving a small capsule in the scrotal bag which, when pressed, hardens the cylinders and causes the erection.
Patients require a hospital stay of 24-48 hours, and are released on antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory.
Before the operation
- A full study of your medical history to determine the details of the surgery.
- To guarantee optimal hygiene during surgery, the night before you should shave your testicles (scrotum) and the surrounding groin area.
- On the day of your surgery you should shower and wash the area with normal soap.
- You must not eat or drink for five to six hours before your operation.
- Do not wear underwear or removable dentures. You must remove all metal objects (such as rings, bracelets, earrings, body piercings, etc.)
- In most cases, you will only notice some mild discomfort in the site of the operation. However, you will be given antibiotics and analgesics.
- Although you will be given local anaesthesia, you should ask someone to come with you for the surgery. You should not drive after surgery, because you may feel discomfort in the testicles, which may interfere with your ability to concentrate.
- You must rest for 48 hours after the operation. This means avoiding making any strenuous efforts, long walks, sport and similar activities.
- You must clean your wound every day and cover it with antiseptic and a sterile dressing for 5 days.
- The sutures will be reabsorbed and so there is no need to remove them.