Treatment Price: 5650 €. This treatment requires medical evaluation prior.
- All the treatment from the time of admission until the time of discharge:
- Hospital Stay
- Preoperative (ultrasound, blood tests, electrocardiogram, etc)
- Operating Theatre
- Nursing Services
- Drug Kit for 48 hours after discharge.
- Follow-up consultation with the surgeon after discharge.
PRIOR DOCUMENTATION NEEDED:
- Medical history, diagnosis and medical tests
- Blood test
LENGTH OF THE OPERATION:
- Between 1 hour and 30 mintues and 4 hours
- Between 1 and 2 days
RECOMMENDED RECOVERY TIME IN ALICANTE BEFORE TRAVELING HOME:
- 12 days
Face lift surgery is performed to correct the signs of aging on the face and neck, such as sagging cheeks and chin, loss of facial definition and deep lines and wrinkles.
Benefits of the Operation
The operation corrects sagging facial structures, giving the face a more youthful, lively appearance. Nowadays, surgical techniques have advanced so far that this is a much more comfortable, bearable operation than it used to be.
The surgeon repositions the layers of muscle, skin and fat, removing excess tissue through an incision that usually begins at the temples (above the hairline), and runs along the natural lines in the ear and earlobe, behind the ear and in the scalp. This means that the scars are perfectly camouflaged. When the neck requires special treatment, an incision is made under the chin.
About the operation
The operation is performed under local anaesthesia and sedation, however, general anaesthesia is sometimes used. The operation depends on the type of face lift, but the average duration is between one and a half and four hours. Patients have to stay in hospital for 24-48 hours.
There are numerous surgical techniques for treating facial aging. Your surgeon will tell you which type of operation is best to meet your needs and expectations.
Before the operation
- You will have a blood test, ECG and X-ray.
- At the first appointment, your facial structure and skin quality will be evaluated, as well as your general health.
- We recommend you stop smoking two weeks before the operation, because smoking can have detrimental effects on healing.
- You must not eat or drink for 12 hours before your operation.
- You must remove all metal objects during the operation (rings, bracelets, earrings, body piercings, etc.).
- At the end of the surgery, you will wear a bandage around your head and neck. The eyes are generally left uncovered, but protected with eye drops and creams.
- There will be some normal facial swelling and skin effusion in the periorbital area and neck for between 8 and 9 days.
- The bandages will be removed progressively in 4-5 days, the stitches in 7-9 days and the swelling and inflammation will decrease with the help of lymphatic drainage, which usually starts on the third or fourth day after the operation.
- Strenuous exercise should be avoided and you should lead a quiet life for the first two weeks.
- Facial skin requires specific care and must not be exposed to the sun or UVA rays for at least 3 months.