Treatment Price: 3300 €. This treatment requires medical evaluation prior.
- All the treatment from the time of admission until the time of discharge:
- Hospital Stay
- Preoperative (ultrasound, blood tests, electrocardiogram, etc)
- Operating Theatre
- Nursing Services
- Drug Kit for 48 hours after discharge.
- Follow-up consultation with the surgeon after discharge.
PRIOR DOCUMENTATION NEEDED:
- Medical history, diagnosis and medical tests
- Blood test
LENGTH OF THE OPERATION:
- Approximately 1 hour
- Outpatient Surgery
RECOMMENDED RECOVERY TIME IN ALICANTE BEFORE TRAVELING HOME:
- 7 days
Otoplasty or ear reshaping is a surgical technique used to correct deformities or defects of the antihelix (the curved prominence of cartilage parallel with and in front of the helix), which keeps the pinna (visible part of the ear) separate from the head, causing "jug ears".
This surgery should be performed from 5-6 years of age, when the child is still not experiencing any psychological problems and complexes and when the cartilage is still soft and malleable. However, it can be performed at any age.
Benefits of the Operation
It is a relatively simple operation and recovery is quick.
Otoplasty consists of making an incision in the skin at the back of the ear and weakening the cartilage using sutures, shaping it so that it folds back and positions the ear closer to the head.
About the operation
The surgery, which takes around an hour, is usually performed with local anaesthesia and sedation, although sometimes general anaesthesia is used. This is an outpatient procedure, with no hospitalisation required.
Before the operation
- You will have a blood test, ECG and X-ray.
- You must not eat or drink for 12 hours before your operation.
- You must remove all metal objects during the operation (rings, bracelets, earrings, body piercings, etc.).
- After the operation you will have to wear a padded bandage for 48 hours. When the bandage is removed, the ears will be slightly inflamed, but this will gradually disappear over the following days.
- For the first few days after surgery it is a good idea to wear some light compression (cotton and elastic band) to protect the ears from knocks or rough movements.
- The stitches will be removed after 7-8 days. In the meantime, you can wash your hair being very careful not to touch the wound.
- Sometimes you may notice some loss of sensation in the ears, but this comes back over time.